Your new role
Do you enjoy solving complex problems with different technologies? Are you ready to coach and mentor more junior staff?
Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) teams work side by side with our customers to create novel software and help our customers be on a sustained path to succeed.
Your team's role is to deliver projects with sustainable impact, using both open source and Microsoft technologies. You will contribute to and be working side by side with customers and their development teams to build solutions that tackle unique business problems and that use a wide range of technologies. The aim is to generate value for the customer and quality solutions.
You will coach and mentor more junior staff so that your team can develop its full potential.
Also, your activities intend to make it easier for development teams to use Microsoft platforms and contribute to the open source community.
This job is for you if
- you are enthused by the thought to support a team with your broad know how in software design of complex production systems
- in your former jobs, you have applied different programming languages
- you have like us come to believe that mentoring juniors helps the team and yourself growing in your work
- for you the cloud is where digital solutions should be nowadays.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are striving to shape our teams to reflect our communities and to enable a fully inclusive working environment. Read more about our approach and ideology on diversity and inclusion.
Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering offers an open and supportive working environment that encourages collaboration and values everyone's contribution. We take inclusion seriously, and welcome the richness that diversity brings to our organization.
What we offer
Microsoft offers a well rounded compensation and benefits scheme plus diverse growth opportunities across the organisation.
We embrace work-life balance: In addition to the holiday, parental and caregiver policies provided by Microsoft, our organisation supports flexibility with working hours and your work location, including time at the home office.
During Covid-19 Microsoft offers 12 weeks of paid care givers leave to make sure that family and work can go together.
Our Recruitment process
Beat Schwegler is happy to answer your questions about the job or the team via email.
- Submit your application via email to Beat and we'll get back to you within two weeks.
- Selected candidates will be invited for a video call with a recruiter.
- The next phase would be a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager and additionally a 45 minute technical discussion, where you would be asked to talk through your past technical work and write or explain some code. These discussions are also facilitated as a video call.
- If things go well, you'll be invited to our office in Zürich to meet our team, see our office and have focused discussions.
Microsoft, Richtistrasse 3, 8304 Wallisellen, Switzerland, https://www.microsoft.com