Your new role
Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) teams work side by side with our customers to create novel software and help our customers be on a sustained path to succeed.
Your team's role is to deliver projects with sustainable impact, using both open source and Microsoft technologies. You partner with other engineering and product teams at Microsoft, especially with their development managers and tech leads, in order to align the work with our customers’ project goals.
Your role consists of understanding the customers' needs, listening to the technical requirements product owners and software architects provide you, and translating those into a prioritized backlog as well as ensuring clarity within the CSE team.
You will be working side by side with customers' development teams to build solutions that tackle unique business problems. The aim is to generate value for the customer and quality solutions.
Also, your activities intend to make it easier for development teams to use Microsoft platforms and contribute to the open source community.
This job is for you if
- you look forward to supporting our teams with your broad know how of technical program management.
- you can keep your calm when developing complex production systems.
- you agree with us that delivering customer value means that communication and prioritization is essential.
- you appreciate the work of the open source community and want to be a contributing part to it.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are striving to shape our teams to reflect our communities and to enable a fully inclusive working environment. Read more about our approach and ideology on diversity and inclusion.
Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering offers an open and supportive working environment that encourages collaboration and values everyone's contribution. We take inclusion seriously, and welcome the richness that diversity brings to our organization.
What we offer
Microsoft offers a well rounded compensation and benefits scheme plus diverse growth opportunities across the organisation.
We embrace work-life balance: In addition to the holiday, parental and caregiver policies provided by Microsoft, our organisation supports flexibility with working hours and your work location, including time at the home office.
During Covid-19 Microsoft offers 12 weeks of paid care givers leave to make sure that family and work can go together.
Our Recruitment process
Beat Schwegler is happy to answer your questions about the job or the team via email.
- Submit your application via email to Beat and we'll get back to you within two weeks.
- Selected candidates will be invited for a video call with a recruiter.
- The next phase would be a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager and additionally a 45 minute technical discussion, where you would be asked to talk through your past technical work and write or explain some code. These discussions are also facilitated as a video call.
- If things go well, you'll be invited to our office in Zürich to meet our team, see our office and have focused discussions.
Microsoft, Richtistrasse 3, 8304 Wallisellen, Switzerland, https://www.microsoft.com